``We can collaborate to ensure educational, social, emotional and behavioral well-being of California’s children and youth.``
One Agency Serving Many
There are many children today, especially in populations of color, who are lacking the appropriate support and resources that address their traumatic experiences and social, emotional and behavioral needs.
Social Policy Institute has been a sponsor, thought leaders and facilitator of the annual Breaking Barriers Symposium since 2018. Each year the Symposium convenes county teams of cross system staff, community and government stakeholders and youth/family members to “break barriers and build bridges.” The purpose is to address the challenges for integrated services to improve the access, quality and outcomes of care, so all CA children and youth have equitable opportunities.
In The End
Social Policy Institute has supported Breaking Barriers and been involved in:
- Designing the annual Symposium (2018-2020)
- Moderating the panels and facilitating county teams
- Developed and produced the 2019 Symposium Evaluation
- Co-edited the Breaking Barriers Toolkit
- Designed and hosted the 2019 and 2020 webinar series