The Social Policy Institute
At the Social Policy Institute, we believe that community members should have access to the services, supports and resources necessary to actively participate, experience a sense of belonging, and have opportunities to achieve their aspirations. However, we know that no one “system” has the mandate, resources or reach to address both individual/family issues and the larger social problems that exacerbate adverse consequences such as poverty, racism, inadequate housing/homelessness, poor schools, crime, and racial and ethnic disparities.
Across the lifespan, everyone is safe, educated, healthy and well; with a sense of belonging, purpose, and opportunity to achieve their aspirations.
Therefore, we commit ourselves to accomplish our vision and mission by:
- Challenging ourselves to excellence in what we do.
- Learning to be ever more effective.
- Engaging others with respect and collaboration.
- Focusing on innovation and impact with data.
- Raising awareness and advocacy for social justice.
- Strengthening community relationships and belonging.
- Working to improve the quality of life for individuals, families, and communities.